Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
Tender beef, ripe veggies and rich, warm broth make a hearty soup that’s too good to pass up. It’s low in calories and easy on the budget, too.
- 1 can College Inn® Beef Broth 99% Fat Free
- 1 14.5 oz. Del Monte® Original Recipe Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 lb. beef steaks cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup celery sliced
- 2 tsp. basil
- 2 cups carrots sliced
- 2 cups farfalle; farfallini; farfallone
- 2 cups spinach leaves
1. In 4-quart saucepan, over medium-high heat, brown beef in butter. Add onion; cook until tender.
2. Stir in broth, water, celery and basil; bring to a boil.
3. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
4. Add tomatoes, carrots and noodles; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes.
6. Stir in spinach; cook 5 minutes longer.